Who is behind Frank?
Frank is more than a single person, or a single organisation. Frank is an honest approach to your reproductive and sexual health by Family Planning NSW, in partnership with ACON and the Centre for Social Research in Health (CSRH) at UNSW.
This project is funded by the Australian Government as part of their National STI Strategy. The Strategies provide the policy framework for national, state and territory governments; and community and professional organisations to respond to HIV, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, STIs and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander BBVs and STIs in a coordinated way.
The Strategies build on previous strategies, with a focus on reinvigorating prevention activities and the critical importance of testing, treatment and best practice management.
More on this strategy is available on the Department of Health’s webpage.
Consumer engagement with young people has played a key role in the planning, development, and implementation of this project alongside consultation with representatives from leading organisations within this field across the country. These organisations include:
- ACT Health
- Australian Association for Adolescent Health
- Centre for Social Research in Health (CSRH) at UNSW
- Department of Health and Human Services, Tasmania
- Family Planning Welfare Association NT
- Family Planning Tasmania
- Institute for Urban Indigenous Health, Queensland
- NSW Sexually Transmissible Infections Program Unit, NSW Health
- QLD Department of Health
- SA Health
- Sexual Health and Blood Borne Virus Unit (Northern Territory)
- SHine SA
- University of New South Wales
- University of Technology Sydney
- Department of Health and Human Services, Victoria
- WA Health
We thank all those involved for their contributions.